This is a blog about how we came to have an on line store and the trials and tribulations of trying to succeed in business during a recession!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sew and Sew

I know, I know, it's been a while since my last blog.  My bad for sure.  Don't quite know why it's been so long but time just passes by at an alarming speed.  It's kind of like being in a tornado and I am just spinning around and around!

So what has happened over the past few months - eveything and nothing.  We had a BIG birthday in December, and while it could have had significant trauma attached to it, I would say we weathered it quite well.  I try not to think about it and except for when I look in the mirror I  usually don't.  Then it hits me like a brick on the head.  Ouch.   But at least we are healthy and that is pretty much what counts.

Business wise, we have been quite busy and if you visit our site - www.beadandsave.com - you will see our new stock of gorgeous pandora-style beads.  Such colors - mauves, greens, pinks, they make you think of spring and warm weather.  We have a large selection of crystal beads to compliment the glass beads, and just one or two crystal beads in a bracelet seem to make the whole thing pop!  We have opened up a new category under "Pandora" called 'New Stuff" so if you have a hankering -  take a look.

I notice that on my last blog I posted a picture of the 'body bag' that I had made.  Until now I have not had the time to sew again but the past week or so I have been bitten by the sewing bug and have posted some pictures of my creations.  They are considerably smaller and such fun to make.  And I get to decorate them with beads!

I can hear the radio in the background and the nasty weather lady is using the 'S' word again. Boy am I sick of that stuff.  This morning they just carted away the effects of the last storm which was two days ago and now she is blabbering about more tonight and tomorrow. ENOUGH already, and I mean it.  The older you get the less and less you are able to tolerate these cold, snowy winters.  I know some of you are reading this from warm climes and I hate you!  No just kidding, but I am jealous.  This weekend we move the clocks ahead so at least it will be light outside later and you really begin to think that Spring is well on its way.

Our friend Pearl 's web site  - www.thebeadinggem.com - will be offering a contest to win a gift certificate from our web site  this month, so please stay posted.  It is a really great site so take a look at it.  We will be sending out an e-mail as to the exact date of the contest so stay tuned.

We really love to hear from you so if you have a moment send us  your comments.

No comments:

Followers